The house we are building has two storeys and is set into the embankment that separates two of the fields. On the top floor will be the kitchen, dining room and living room in one continuous space that you enter into from the front door. Beyond that is the main bedroom and en-suite bathroom.
Downstairs are another two bedrooms, another bathroom, and a utility room.
The whole house is being designed around the needs of disabled guests and will have:
- large, roll in/out wet room showers
- electrically height adjustable worktops and utilities in the kitchen
- suitable electrical goods, such as side opening ovens, induction hobs etc.
- white goods positioned to enable easy access
- all areas with easy access to wheelchair
- Geberit AquaClean toilets
- easy gradient footpaths around the house and garden and all level access from the car park to the inside of the house
- both summer and winter activities within easy travelling distance, with fully accessible beaches in Forti di Marmi, and disabled friendly ski slopes, instructors and equipment in the ski resort of Abetone
- Close proximity to Lucca, Pisa, Florence, Siena, Cinque Terra and Barga
- resident Occupational Therapist
Also on the same site is the old house which will be our main residence, from 2017.